Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day One--Done!

I'm almost done with Day One of my vegan challenge and I have to say it was successful with a few interesting thoughts/moments along the way:

--My office had a "breakfast burrito" sale today to raise money...I obviously couldn't buy any of the egg, cheese, and sausage options, so I felt a bit guilty and I'm still self-conscious about telling others that I'm a vegan...I'll have to get over that in the next 30 days!

--Today I realized just how often I reach for the office candy bowl--I didn't look too closely because I knew I would be too tempted by all the milk chocolate and buttery goodness that was in there, but I'm definitely going to have to explore my vegan sweet options.

--It feels good to be filling myself with fruits, vegetables, and whole foods.  I'm excited to be taking care of myself this way.

--I spent a lot of time today thinking about Sarah Taylor's tip for Day 1 in Vegan in 30 Days--"why do you want to be vegan?"  Of course, I've thought about that and I have my goals and intentions, but she makes a case that in order to make a change this big, you have to have a big reason for why you want to make it...  "Is your reason compelling enough so that you will stick with it for 30 days?  What about your whole life?"  I'm not sure if my reasons of losing weight and feeling healthy are strong enough at this point to outweigh my desire for greasy creamy comfort food that I'm used to...I will definitely have to revisit this at the end of my 30 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment