Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day Six--Preparing for a Fruit & Veg Cleanse

Back on Day Three of Vegan in 30 Days (which I am also reading every day of this journey), Sarah Taylor recommended that readers take a 24-hour fruit and vegetable cleanse--basically, for 24 hours, all you eat is fruit and vegetables--no grains, no oils, etc.  "Ideally, you will eat only organic raw fruits and veggies in their whole, natural form.  If you must, you can make a hot dish, as long as all the ingredients are fresh fruits and veggies."


Granted, as I was reading this suggestion I was already eating my bowl of cereal with almond milk, so I decided Day Three was not the day for me to start my 24 hour cleanse.  :)  Then, of course, I had to finish my yummy vegan nachos, so tomorrow, Day 7, I will be doing my 24 hour fruit and veg cleanse.

I have a fruit salad already prepared, carrots peeled, a tomato, celery, & cucumber salad prepared and a bowl of my sweet potato and carrot soup to warm me up half way through the day (probably overcooked for her taste, but I'm okay with that).

My only concern is that Ms. Taylor doesn't really say WHY this cleanse is helpful--my guess is that it has to do with giving your body a full 24 hours of only easy-to-digest food to give your body a chance to break down what's inside and, well, cleanse.  I also wonder if it has to do with cleansing your palate and showing you that it really is possible to survive without "extra" stuff.

I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment